CONCERTSThe Hiram M. Chittenden Locks in Ballard celebrated its 100th birthday on May 28, 2017. In part of the celebration, concerts will be held on the lawn on almost every weekend this summer. Most concerts begin at 2:00 p.m. (except where noted). The following concerts are scheduled but be sure to double-check to the Ballard Locks website for any changes.
The Hiram M. Chittenden Locks are located at 3015 NW 54th St., Seattle 98107.
- 4 – Barneleikarringen (children’s Scandinavian dance)
- 11 – Highline Community Symphonic Band (classical music)
- 17 – Cascadia Big Band (post-swing big band)
- 18 – Elliott Bay Pipe Band (traditional pipe and drum music)
- 24 – Eastside Modern Jazz (Latin, funk, jazz, rock fusion)
- 25 – Kirkland Civic Orchestra (classical and pop music)
- 1 – The Professor Gadget Sax Quartet
- 2 – 85th Street Big Band (30s, 40s, and 50s swing)
- 3 – KNKX Discover Your Northwest Jazz Festival – 1:00-5:00 p.m.
- 4 – Seattle Civic Band (patriotic music)
- 5 – High Class Brass Quintet (patriotic marches and pop music) – 6:00 p.m.
- 6 – The Jazz Pearls (lively jazz)
- 7 – Ballard Sedentary Sousa Band (marching band hits)
- 8 – Greenwood Concert Band (marches)
- 9 – The Thornton Creek Clarinet Choir (classical and pop music)
- 15 – The MoodSwings (all-femal big band)
- 16 – West Seattle Big Band (big band swing and jazz)
- 22 – Musica Molida (street organ music)
- 23 - Greenwood Concert Band (marches)
- 29 - Letter Carriers & FOE Band (concert band)
- 30 - Coal Creek Jazz Band (Dixieland Jazz)
- 5 – Batucada (Brazilian Samba)
- 6 - Ballard Sedentary Sousa Band (marches)
- 12 - Pacific Cascade Big Band (Swing jazz)
- 13 - MachOne Jazz Orchestra (big band/contemporary jazz)
- 19 - Microsoft Jumpin’ Jive Orchestra (jazz)
- 20 - Around the Sound Band (marches, movies and show tunes)
- 26 - Lynnwood Community Band
- 27 – The Tempos (big band)