|Ballard’s Syttende Mai - 17th of May- event (17thofMay.org)|
SPECIAL EVENTSThe Norwegian Seventeenth of May Committee sponsors Ballard’s Syttende Mai [Soot-n-duh My] celebration that has been recognized since 1889. Last year’s event was one of the largest where thousands came to see the parade of marching bands, Norwegian-American lodges, drill teams, classic cars and more.
Special events included in the festivities on May 17, 2017 include:
- Free admission and children’s events at the Nordic Heritage Museum from 10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Free Shuttle between Bergen Place the Museum
- Entertainment at Bergen Place from 12:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m
- A Traditional Norwegian Luncheon with the Grand Marshal from 12:00p.m.-2:00 p.m.
- The 17th of May Parade from 6:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m.
For more information, visit the 17 of May website.