|Jim Henson and his creations from Fraggle Rock. (MoPOP)|
ATTRACTIONSOrganized by the Museum of the Moving Image, The Jim Henson Exhibition: Imagination Unlimited makes its first stop on its long tour to Seattle’s Museum of Pop Culture (MoPOP) opening on Saturday, May 20th. This comprehensive exhibition reveals how Henson and his team of builders, performers, and writers brought to life the enduringly popular worlds of The Muppet Show, Sesame Street, Fraggle Rock, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, and much more.
The exhibition features a broad range of artifacts related to Henson’s unparalleled career, including more than 20 puppets, character sketches, storyboards, scripts, photographs, film and television clips, behind-the-scenes footage, iconic costumes, and interactive experiences that allow visitors to try their hand at puppeteering on camera and designing a puppet.
|On the set of a Wilkin's commercial. (MoPOP)|
- Live music from Jason Dodson (The Maldives) and Jon Pontrello (The Moondoggies), plus Brotha' Groove with a set inspired by Dr. Teeth and The Electric Mayhem
- Spotlight talks with Muppet performer Dave Goelz (Gonzo and others) and puppeteer Karen Prell (Fraggle Rock, Labyrinth)
- Puppet making workshops with Seattle ReCreative
- Dance Magic Dance Party
- There’s a Monster at the End of this Book storytime
- Museum-wide scavenger hunt, themed crafts and activities including Gonzo's Chicken Toss
- "Light the Lights" and other photo ops
- Screenings of Henson's most popular TV and film work
The Jim Henson exhibit will be at MoPOP from May 20, 2017-January 3, 2018. There will be an extra fee for the exhibit which will include access to all of the other MoPOP galleries. Tickets for the opening party are $34 for the general public, $28 for MoPOP members, $16 for youth ages 5-17 and those age 4 and under get in for free. MoPOP is located at the Seattle Center at 325 5th Ave. N., Seattle 98109.